Missing Our Lily
Stories from a family that has survived SIDS. We lost Lily, but we haven't lost us.


Previous Posts
Thursday, June 03, 2004
Some people.

Some people suck. Or maybe just don't know what to say and then just say the WRONG thing. I'm not too sensitive to it, because I know most of the time it's said with the best of intentions, so no harm, no foul. But people like my MIL should be forced to wear an iron helmet. Embossed with moron warnings. (Those of you who have seen her, would it be mean spirited to want to have her hair helmet bronzed?)

Long story short- she called and was all bible thumping. I kinda dealt with it kindly for a few minutes, then realized I've borne all I can of her for the next decade and metaphorically threw that bible at her. I'm sure there's a vigil somewhere out there involving her trying to pray demons out of my soul.

link | posted by Ani at 3:41 PM


5 Comments:
Blogger HeyItsBeej commented:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

» 9:02 PM 
Blogger HeyItsBeej commented:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

» 9:02 PM 
Blogger HeyItsBeej commented:

Ani wrote: >>But people like my MIL should be forced to wear an iron helmet. Embossed with moron warnings. (Those of you who have seen her, would it be mean spirited to want to have her hair helmet bronzed?)<<

Mean? Hell no! Ru-J needs that uberblack mullett dipped in molten metal...it'd make her hair look more realistic than it does now.

Nooooooo gifted chocolate for her. If she happens to drop in and see it, you must say, "I'm sorry, you can't have any. The givers of this chocolate said that it's only for people who don't suck."

» 9:03 PM 
Blogger Lunasea commented:

Ack! Can you tell her you've entered the Witness Protection Program and while you're not going to move at the moment, she'll need to pretend she doesn't know you and that means she's not allowed to visit or talk to you at all? Maybe you could tell the IL's you're the only one who entered it...they'd probably believe you. Ack. ~Colleen

» 11:09 PM 
Blogger -h. commented:

I say we get her, and spork her appropriately. A moron warning would be ineffective on this one, she needs a good sporking.

» 6:22 PM 

Post a Comment

« Back to Main Page

© anistrainwreck.blogspot.com | powered by Blogger | designed by mela
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com