Saturday, July 23, 2005
Wild week.
I've had the craziest week. I haven't had a single day in which the plan was to stay inside out of this beastly heat. It was 103 degrees today at 2pm. The heat index was 113, people.Thursday morning El had another of her migraines. It was bad... her ped is holding off, but it looks like we're going to eventually have a scan and figure out what's going on there. She's my hell for leather kid. She's up before the rest of us, into everything all day, busy and happy. It's sad to see her brought so low. I was varying Tylenol and Motrin with her, I put her in my bed with cool towels, a sippy, and as much silence and darkness I could muster. She cried that her cartoons hurt her head. Her ped wants to use a prescription pain aid next time, and I agree. She doesn't get them often, but when she does, it's so bad.
It put my whole day in a dither. I was supposed to babysit a friend of mine's daughter, but then realized that I completely forgot about the women's bible study on Thursday mornings. She had to cancel her interview anyway, so it all worked out. If it had come down to it, I would have brought her with me. So turns out I couldn't attend bible study, I spent the day with a sick El. I called a girl I know to hang out with us that day, to chase the baby while I took care of El. I worry about her. She's so little and vivacious that when she's not up to being herself she's really pitiful. link | posted by Ani at 7:22 PM
