Saturday, July 03, 2004
Chicken Little??!
I'm Chicken Common-Freaking-Sense! Who in their right mind takes their two and four year olds to a water park/amusement park on the Fourth? My husband is out of his mind. It will be too packed since it's a holiday weekend as it is, plus they have festivities going on during the day there too. I'm not going to risk one of the monkeys running off, getting lost or going to see someone's puppy in the parking lot. B is insane. We're going to a BBQ and a pool party instead, and he's whining about it like a girl now.
The conversation was going well until he rather spitefully interjected something along the lines of this- "What? Are you going to be like Chicken Little now and not let them have any fun because you're too scared something is going to happen to them?" HOLY COW. We've been many times to this park since L died, it has NOTHING to do w/her. I just think the Fourth would be too busy for us to supervise them well enough in the crowds. Jackass husband.
What really bothers me about that comment is that he has his head up his ass 99% of the time. He thinks that I worry too much and that "bad things won't happen". Uhm. Dude. The WORST THING EVER happened. It can happen again. We're not golden and untouchable. Yet he's still cantering through life with his head up his ass.
I put so much consideration into everything I do with and for the kids, I hate being ridiculed by him for it. Horrible and bad things happen to kids every day. I just want to make a small a window as possible for it to happen to my kids. I don't want to be in a crowd and T get out of sight for just one second and then disappear. It happens everyday to several kids and they're never seen again. I'm not neurotic about it, she's still going to be a kid and have lots of fun, but why walk into a situation like that? link | posted by Ani at 8:47 PM
