Missing Our Lily
Stories from a family that has survived SIDS. We lost Lily, but we haven't lost us.
Friday, November 18, 2005
I'm a freaking midget.

Being 5'3 (*and a half, thankyouverymuch) shouldn't render one a midget. It doesn't even sound all that damn short.

I've been shopping for clothes for a wedding and for work, professional stuff. I've been checking out stores for deals and checking out consignment shops because I'm a bargain hunter. Nothing is better than not paying retail. But anyway, adventures in What Not To Wear, ala Ani.

Being overweight isn't kind to me. AT all. First of all, I have a really short waist. When I'm pregnant, I've got the classic snowman shape going on. Head, belly, feet. Towards the end of the pregnancy with the twins, I couldn't stand up straight. I actually had to arch my back a bit so I could breathe and my ribs wouldn't cut into my uterus and set the babies to mutiny. It was ridiculous. But I'm that poor girl who even when skinny had the unfortunate situation of having pants up her midriff.

Then came the low rise jeans of today. AFTER I had kids. Damn fashion world. My 120lb self missed that boat. I would have known the joy of non-corseting jeans. Anyway, I found an awesome little suit. Dove grey, nicely cut waist and no shoulder pads (It's still an epidemic, folks) and really, the jacket fit beautifully. Stacey and Clinton would approve. Then came the pants. The clown pants. They were nice pants. straight legged, could have had some real potential. Except that the waist and hip cut was ridiculous. The waistband sat right under my bra line. No kidding. Then, I pulled it down and figured, hey, for this price and this quality...I'll just adapt and pulled them down to a natural waist... Then went to take a step and nearly toppled out of the changing room. I was standing on one of the 9inch long lengths of fabric hanging off of my foot. I regret not buying them now, B insists they could have been hemmed. Who the heck hems? How could I walk in somewhere and say, Hey! I need this giant waisted pants hemmed nine inches, please! Because, yes, I am apparently as round as I am short!

I hate clothes shopping.

link | posted by Ani at 8:50 PM


1 Comments:
Blogger Ani commented:

I'm in. What's our game plan?

» 8:18 PM 

Post a Comment

« Back to Main Page

© anistrainwreck.blogspot.com | powered by Blogger | designed by mela
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com