Missing Our Lily
Stories from a family that has survived SIDS. We lost Lily, but we haven't lost us.
Monday, June 26, 2006
Sigh.

So sometimes when you light a fuse there's a beautiful explosion of light and wonder from it. Other times there's carnage and someone loses an eye.

I knew going back to work would be a bad idea. Seeing life outside of all of this would be damaging. I built this cage I've been in myself, I painted it, climbed in, slammed the door on myself and cheerfully tossed out the key. Parts of who I am that have been pushed aside for so long are bursting out. I'm where I want to be. I sewed myself up nice and tight into this tiny little world and I ignored the parts of myself that weren't happy.

I'm having either another adolescence or midlife crisis. (As women in my family aren't long-lived, I hope it's an adolescence.) I went and pierced my nose. I've always wanted to. It took my husband of six years, partner for eight, THREE days to notice. Doesn't seem possible? It is when someone takes you so for granted that they don't look at you. They see right through you.

It hurts.

link | posted by Ani at 4:24 PM


1 Comments:
Blogger Lunasea commented:

First off, I want to see a picture. Second, I'm sure it would take G that long to notice. He kisses me goodbye on the top of my head and rarely looks me in the eye anymore. I'm hoping that when the kids grow up a bit, we'll look up and recognize each other.

» 10:53 PM 

Post a Comment

« Back to Main Page

© anistrainwreck.blogspot.com | powered by Blogger | designed by mela
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com