Missing Our Lily
Stories from a family that has survived SIDS. We lost Lily, but we haven't lost us.
Sunday, March 05, 2006
O devilry!

My youngest's demon gene has kicked in BIG TIME. I was cleaning the kitchen, doing dishes, which is now a huge ordeal, I need a chair and a chisel or other thin heavy instrument and a door stop to run my DISHWASHER ALONE after El the Destroyer got her mitts on it. I took a picture of the piece she removed, I'm going to post it, because it's unreal the amount of damage a tiny 4 year old can do. Hellion, I tell ya.

Anyway- my hellion apprentice Ev, decides to take herself a bath. I can't hear it running, I'm running dishes and washing floors, the washer is going too. I have loud appliances. Well, the spin cycle and the drain cycle of both the dishwasher and washer hit the same moment, and I hear water running. Eh?? So I go off in search of it...and hit a puddle of standing water at a good speed in the hallway. Stooge-ish SPLAT fall on the back of my head. I'm SOAKED. AND MAD. I open the bathroom door and a small two inch wall of water rushes out. Ev is stark naked, standing in the tub, water pouring steadily over the top, laughing and pouring water out with a cup. Insult to injury!

We have wooden floors. They've buckled a bit in the hallway. Kids are fine, lol. It was a close one, I had to give myself a time out before I even dealt with it. Crazy punks.

link | posted by Ani at 6:02 PM


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Back to Main Page

© anistrainwreck.blogspot.com | powered by Blogger | designed by mela
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com