Missing Our Lily
Stories from a family that has survived SIDS. We lost Lily, but we haven't lost us.
Wednesday, September 01, 2004
Ok. I'm scared again.

E's alarm has gone off twice in the las 24 hours. She's wearing dots attached to her skin instead of the band so it's definitely reliable, the kid quit breathing twice. The first time was during a nap after arriving at my mom's house- I left her in her carseat and of course attached to the monitor. It went off and it took a few seconds to rouse her and get her mad and to cry about it. The last time it went off was exactly a month ago, and I had started to get really optimistic that maybe she was outgrowing it. At 11pm last night the alarm went off again. I was half sure it was because she managed to pull the lead off with her feet again, but the lights were red and she was grey. I picked her up and her read lolled back, her eyes were rolled back into her head and she had foam in her mouth. It looked like the same stuff that had come out of Lily's nose, and my heart just died and I started screaming for B. It took several seconds to get her aroused again, and pinked up. I stayed up with her all night. I'm taking her to Children's ER if it happens again before our appointment tomorrow.

link | posted by Ani at 1:01 PM


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Back to Main Page

© anistrainwreck.blogspot.com | powered by Blogger | designed by mela
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com