Sunday, September 05, 2004
Graveyard humor. Literally.
So today is the first of a string of 3 days B has off. This NEVER happens. I kick us all out of bed early and we head to Mc Donald's for breakfast. (Hey, my kitchen is clean and I'm relishing it for as long as it lasts, lol.) T asks if we can bring flowers for Lily after we leave, and so off we go to the florist and then to the cemetary.
E's alarm goes off in the car in the cemetary, around the corner from Lily. We're still not in the "rush into immediate panic" place, as usually she or one of the kids pulls off a lead wire, so Brian and I look back, and I'm already halfway over the seat to shut it off when we notice that the apnea alarm is sounding. B threw the car into park and leapt out, I started grabbing at her from over the seat. B got her out of the car and walked with her and talked to her until she was smiling and laughing again. It really shook him, more than anything has yet so far, I think. I tried to lighten the mood, and started teasing E that she'd probably better rethink it, as I didn't think any ambulance would take a call from a cemetary seriously. "911, what is your emergency?" "Help! Our baby isn't breathing! We're at the O. A. Cemetary!" "Click." B got the giggles over that one.
It is kind of funny, thinking that one over. Can you imagine the operator? In other news, E is now 6months old, 46cms tall, and a whopping 17 and one half pounds. Hunk o chunk baby. Her doctor gave her an EKG at her last appointment, concerned at the recent apnea incidences. There have been now 6 in the last few days. The EKG was fine. I don't think there's anything else that can be done.
link | posted by Ani at 6:08 PM
1 Comments:
- KCand Da Band commented:
I found it slightly humorous considering..again..another good one.
- » 7:20 AM

